About this policy
We respect your privacy and we are committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out the principles we apply when processing your personal data, the type of personal data we may collect, what we do with data we collect, how we will keep it secure, what are your rights and how you can contact us.
Piano Maestros is a limited company registered in England and Wales, company number: 9149503. Our registered address is Piano Maestros, 21 Sherington Road, Charlton, London SE7 7JW.
We provide high quality piano tuition. In order to fulfill our objective, we process personal information, including details of:
– Parents of students.
– Enquirers and those interested in our services.
– Tutors, staff and applicants.
Why do we collect data?
We collect data to enable us to process enquiries and transactions with our customers, students, tutors and employees in accordance with their contract with us and in compliance with the law.
What personal data do we collect from you?
We only collect data we need to be able to process your requests and enquiries about our services, and to provide you with the services you have asked us to provide.
We may collect the following personal data:
– Personal and contact information, which may include your full name and date of birth, your email address, postal address and phone number.
– In the case of a child (under 18), the above details of parent or guardian and the child’s date of birth.
– Details of musical activity and previous musical tuition.
– Professional history, work and employment details, education, references and DBS details.
– Photographs, video and audio footage (we will always notify you if you or your child are likely to appear in a photograph or promotional video).
– Any other information you choose to give us.
When do we collect personal data?
We will collect your personal information when you make enquiries about our services, enter into a contract with us, and engage with us on social media.
What we do with your information?
– It will be used to process your enquiries and to enter into a tuition agreement if you wish to register for regular lessons.
– We will use your email address to send you invoices, and information about our upcoming events.
– You will also be receiving automated SMS reminders 24 hours before your upcoming appointment.
– In some exceptional circumstances, if there is a need to discuss anything related to your / your child’s piano tuition, we may need to contact you on your telephone number.
Who do we share your data with?
In order to support the efficient running of our business we need to share your data with the following:
– Your tutor(s).
– Scheduling software.
– Accounting software.
In some circumstances we may need to share your data with the following:
– Our accountants / auditors.
– Examination boards.
How do we secure the information we collect?
We take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. Our electronic database files with personal data information are password protected. Our computers and mobile devices are also password protected.
How long will we keep your data?
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services, or for as long as we need to keep the information for the lawful business purposes.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. Our tutors will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You may exercise your rights by using the details in Contact, below. We will respond to any requests within one calendar month.
Right to information and access
You have right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request correction of your personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Right to erasure and restriction
Right to object
You have the right to object where we are using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can also ask us to stop using your information, where we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interests. In some cases we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing your information.
Right to withdraw consent
If you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel your personal data has not been processed in line with the regulations.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or have any questions about this policy, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0203 654 8102 or write to Piano Maestros, 21 Sherington Road, Charlton, London, SE7 7JW.