Terms & Conditions
1. NATURE OF LESSONS
- In the foreseeable future, our tuition might be a combination of in-person and online lessons. Lessons will automatically move online if the Tutor or the Student/Parent has to self-isolate, or in order to follow our Covid-19 safety measures.
- All piano lessons are paid for in advance for the whole term or agreed series of lessons. The fees must be paid for in full before the first lesson of the term/series. This is done via online bank transfer.
3. LATE PAYMENTS
- If the payment is not made by/on the due date, the Student/Parent will be charged a late payment fee of £20.
- If there is a further delay in paying the fees, the lessons may be suspended until the payment is settled in full. Any lessons suspended due to the late payment will count as missed lessons by the Student.
- We do not offer any refunds.
5. RESCHEDULING OF LESSONS
- A minimum of 48-hour notice has to be given to the Tutor if the Student would like to reschedule a lesson. Only one lesson per term can be rescheduled to avoid too much disruption of the Tutor’s and other Student’s timetable.
- Lessons cancelled with less than 48-hour notice can not be rescheduled and will count as missed lessons by the Student.
- On a rare occasion, if the Tutor is absent or unable to deliver a lesson, they will replace that lesson on a day and time suitable for the Student.
6. MISSED LESSONS IN-PERSON & ONLINE
- No-shows – if the Student won’t show up for the agreed lesson appointment, this lesson can not be rescheduled and will count as a missed lesson by the Student.
- Late turn-ups – if the Student turns-up late for their lesson appointment, this lesson will still finish on time according to the agreed schedule.
7. TERMINATION OF LESSONS
- Our tuition agreement continues automatically on a rolling basis from term to term, or series to series. The Student/ Parent can cancel this agreement by giving notice in writing to email@example.com.
- Weekly plan – a half-term’s cancellation notice is required. Lessons can be stopped only at the end of the term, or after the half-term break.
- Fortnightly plan – one-month notice (four weeks) is required.
8. PUBLIC PERFORMANCES AND EXAMS
- The Student/Parent agrees to discuss with the Tutor in advance if they wish to appear in any public performance, Piano Maestros concerts or events organised by a Student’s school or other clubs.
- The Student/Parent will not submit an exam application without the consent of the Tutor.
- If the Teacher, using his reasonable discretion, feels unable to continue tuition on account of conduct by the Student or anyone connected with the Student which makes it unethical or unsafe to continue teaching the Student, the fees for any outstanding lessons will not be refundable.